+ Add Coloured Pillows
It was also suggested that we get new curtains, paint the wall, add a rug, or add accessories. All good ideas. But we couldn't (and didn't want to) implement all of them. . .
Here is what we did:
- Bought new bed skirt (need it to cover ugly bedframe that mattress warranty demands)
- Started using fancy white sheets that were a wedding gift
- Had my mom sew colourful silk and printed throw pillows
- De-cluttered nightstands and added bright green vintage piece to serve as a "catch-all"
Here's what we kept:
- Ditto on the matching nightstands
- White lamps - a splurge from last year
- White curtains my grandma sewed for us
- Small chest
- Add some more artwork (?)
- Add more nightstand accessories - at least a "catch all" for my bedside table too
- Change the knobs on my small chest from gold to silver
Without further ado, here is what the room looked like when we moved in:
Not bad, but dull. And a major departure from the crisp white and bright colours of the guest room down the hall. Now, the crisp white sheets look so inviting but the puckered duvet cover & shams add some texture. In general, the white bedding really brightens the room. The colourful artwork, pillows, and accessories really make the room cheerier. The bedskirt, a surprise purchase, is so much more glam than the plain cotton one. I love the sheen and subtle hint of colour.