We ultimately decided against this one because:
- It has a much larger living space than we need, and it's massively high ceilings would cost a small fortune to heat.
- While I love the main floor layout, the second floor is very small and awkward: there is a bathroom separating the two tiny bedrooms, so it would have been a huge task to combine the bedrooms to one that would suit our needs (the master is on the main floor, by the front door).
- It is more deserted than our lakehouse, which is private but has handy neighbors.
- There is weird red clay out that way that coats vehicles with red dust. It would drive a tidy freak like me insane.
- Overall, it needed a lot of work, aesthetically (unfortunately, those floors are laminate!) but also with maintenance, etc.
|The view is . . . I'm speechless.|
I can't express enough how much I loved this living room/dining room layout. More than our place, actually, because it's just so huge! So much potential for furniture layouts - I envisioned separate television-watching and lake-watching areas (like our lakehouse rental). Ours, as you'll soon see, is a little limited. The kitchen had potential too: I pictured a beautiful island in a bright hue, contrasted with crisp white cabinetry. The height of the ceilings would have accommodated some really statement-making light fixtures!
|The spaceship shower was inevitable.|
P.S. Haven't I seen that garage on an episode of Criminal Minds??