Two things got a facelift around here recently. Not me – you can bounce a quarter on my chubby cheeks.
First, the blog got some lovin’ and I updated my header and layout. This was my former header (the first one I actually “created”):
I’m not super tech-savvy so I’m especially proud of little things I figure out, like how to make all my photos the same width in blogger (coding!) and how to create these little tabs I added to organize my sidebar:
I think my head-scratching and frowning at my monitor paid off because the blog looks fresher, more modern and more me!
The second thing that got a bit fresher, more modern and more me is this random little paper organizer I found in the classifieds:
I needed something to deal with the mountains of to-be-dealt-with paper that piles up on my desk, the file cabinet, the floor. This unit will help to (somewhat) organize paperwork that is still active and not ready to be put out of sight.
It got a light sand, coat of primer and two coats of Debbie Travis’ “Zen Calm”. I didn’t paint the inside because the movable shelves are such a tight fit, even a coat of paint would make the shelves too tight. I taped off the edge, but a bit of paint leaked through. I sanded it off and no one is the wiser.
We wall-mounted the unit using wall anchors and screws – luckily the place I wanted it was near a stud. Once in place, the shelves hide the screws.
I still need to make some type of hanging tab/label, but here’s what it looks like now. It is not a decorative piece, by any means, but very necessary. I just tried to make it a wee bit less ugly!