|I look shifty because I’d been pestering him before and after this shot was taken.
What was I doing? Taking thousands of close-up photos of the sun shining through his beard.
Apparently that is annoying.
Today Hubby & I celebrate our three year wedding anniversary! In honour of that, here are some of the reasons I’m a bad wife:
1. Even though I’m a feminist, I vehemently argue that jobs like “figure out where the dead animal smell is coming from” is a “man’s job”.
2. I re-organize the cabinets and closets when he’s gone but pretend I didn’t.
|Nope, always been there honey!|
3. I leave dangerous obstacles in the shower. I take baths so these so-called “obstacles” pose no threat to me, but apparently Hubby knocks things like this over while hurling himself in and out of the shower and rustling the shower curtain to and fro.
|Hey, I’m trying to be thrifty and get the last little bit of conditioner out of the bottle.|
4. I also deem centipede squishing “man’s work”. All I can do is deafen them with my shrill screams.
5. I like throw pillows. I like throw pillows that have a “right” way to being put back after someone has flung them from the sofa (zippers facing down, please) and I routinely police the putting back of pillows.
6. I introduced him to cashmere. That was mean. He hates spending money on clothes but once you wear cashmere you can’t go back to itchy (more affordable) merino wool that easily. Mwahahaha.
|But it wants you to want its wool.
7. Changing the sheets is also a “man’s job” (my arms aren’t long enough).
8. I shout lengthy, “genius” ideas for him to write down while I’m in the bathroom. The best ideas come to me when I’m in the bathtub but I forget them by the time I get out. Keeping paper in the bathroom yielded soggy, unimpressive results.
9. I learn the lyrics to songs that annoy him (but not on purpose). But then I sing them all the time and off-key, kinda on purpose.
10. I’m not always looking out for him. In my defense, in this case I was so focused on taking a good shot I didn’t see the giant wave about to soak him. P.S. Those are my flip flops he’s holding.
|At least he kept my flip flops dry.|
Thanks for loving me anyway Hubby.