I promised I wouldn’t blog about the teeniest details of our cheap-cheap-cheap basement facelift but I’m super excited. After painting the stairwell (which I thought would motivate me) I kind of stalled. I painted the railing, sure, but then totally distracted myself painting wood spoons and canvases.
However, yesterday I painted a wall in the basement!! Yep – actual work on the basement took place. I shoved all of the stuff to one side and painted an entire wall. I will need to work around the basement slowly, shifting our stuff as we go. No way am I letting this mess spill into another part of the house.
But that’s not all! I also:
- Started work on the play kitchen I finally decided to make
- Primed an ornate mirror I bought ages ago
- Painted a frame Hubby made for this painting (details next week)
- Measured the laundry room and made a supply list (lots of drywall . . . )
- Removed the Styrofoam that releases toxic fumes if caught on fire
- Removed the hideous door/curtain thing
- Ran out to get more paint, and tried not to laugh at me when he discovered I had sat in paint in his absence (I guess I shouldn’t DIY unattended)
And today . . . we are off to Lowe’s to get drywall and supplies. We’re hoping to make a major dent in the basement this weekend (even one wall actually created in the laundry room would be swell) and I hope to knock off at least a couple of my in-progress projects so I can show you next week.
Here’s a sneak peak:
Meanwhile, my painting area is out of commission, which is a bummer because I was disappointed with the last two paintings I made (although I am still loving the bedroom abstract changes and the new bold painting, which will soon find a home). But maybe, given my track records, it is best if I have fewer DIY distractions.
|Meh . . .|
What are you up to this weekend?