It’s the kind of home you see in the decor magazines, where every detail has been thoughtfully designed.  I appreciate how Betz Pools, the company who created this backyard oasis, designed and executed not only the pool and hot tub, but also the surrounding landscaping so the pools feels like an integral element of an overall soothing backyard environment.

Do you own a pool?  Do you think about adding one, like I do?  If you’re in the market, I highly recommend checking out Betz Pools for inspiration and info on pool construction.  This article about shopping for a pool, from EIEIHome, is also incredibly informative, with different experts weighing in on what kind of materials to use and how to know what company to hire  – I especially loved seeing the photos of the construction process because now I have a better idea of what to expect!  It’s a great read if you’re just curious about pools or thinking about adding one to your own backyard.

Happily armed with a little more knowledge about pricing and options, for now I’m content to keep dreaming…

This post was sponsored by EIEIHome, a great place to do research on swimming pools and other home renovation topics, home repair or home decor.

11 Comments

1. Staci
    May 26, 2016 / 7:36 pm

I like the rectangle pool in your third inspiration photo. It somehow reminds me of Frank Lloyd Wright!

• Tanya from Dans le Lakehouse
      May 26, 2016 / 9:09 pm

You're so right! It does!

2. chris
    May 27, 2016 / 1:36 pm

My parents also live on a lake (in Michigan) and their house sits at the top of a small hill – not great for building a pool. My mother really wanted to add a pool because the area of the lake in front of their house is not great for swimming (it's the end of the natural preserve next to them – lots of lilypads, etc.) They have a large deck that they didn't want to compromise so they added a second lower level to the deck that sits in front of the larger section and attaches to the above ground pool. There's a great uninterrupted view of the lake from the pool and it's close to the rest of the action (on the big deck slightly above). It's a pretty dreamy setup.

• Tanya from Dans le Lakehouse
      May 27, 2016 / 2:52 pm

Oh wow, that does sound really dreamy! What a clever solution.

3. LMoore
    May 27, 2016 / 6:15 pm

Sitting around waiting for the pool repair guy that was supposed to be here at 9:00 this morning to replace our pump. Downside of owning a pool, maintenance.

• Tanya from Dans le Lakehouse
      May 28, 2016 / 4:20 am

It's always nice to hear about a downside, lol! Whenever people express envy over my lakeside location, I launch into a length discussion about goose poop. There are always pros and cons, haha. It's nice to hear the cons sometimes. But I hope your pool is up and running soon!

4. Brenda Worley
    May 27, 2016 / 6:48 pm

I live in Az. specifically the Phoenix area and our summers typically run from the end of April until the middle of October with random hot days the rest of the year. As far as I'm concerned a pool is a necessity and thank goodness our community has 2 within walking distance. Such a wonderful thing to have on a hot day. The only problem is that when the temp is over 115 the pools are also warm and who wants a hot bath on a hot day? Not me.

• Tanya from Dans le Lakehouse
      May 28, 2016 / 4:21 am

Oh wow! Yes, I can imagine a pool being a necessity where you live. I can't even imagine living somewhere so warm that the pool water becomes like a bath. Wow!!

5. brikhouse2
    May 29, 2016 / 12:05 am

I used to love to swim as a kid but it's been so long since I've been in a pool and then it's just to hang out in the shallow end. I can swim if I had to but not very confident in it now like when I was a kid……though with this much body fat I don't think I'd need to swim, just float away in an emergency lol. And now the only place I'd ever swim would be in private of my own pool. I hear they are a lot of maintenance though. I know you'd probably rather these sleek looking pools but have you seen those pools that look like ponds? I love this one, (hope it's ok to post links) http://www.littlethings.com/backyard-swimming-pond/?utm_source=sturn&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=projects

• Tanya from Dans le Lakehouse
      June 2, 2016 / 3:13 pm

A long time ago Hubby and I were swimming in this huge pond in my grandparents' neighborhood when I wondered allowed why I could swim so well when I was chubbier than hubby who, although very much more fit than me at the time, sunk like a rock. An older woman swimming by us overheard and said to me, "it's your cellulite dear".So yeah, I'm a pretty strong float also.That pool in the link you sent is amazing! I love how it totally blends into the backyard. Wow. And of course – you can always post links!

• brikhouse2
      June 25, 2016 / 2:36 am

hahaha that's too funny. The more muscle you have the heavier you are. I remember watching some Fear Factor type show with celebs and this very muscular guy, Terry Crews, jumped out of a helicopter into a lake and had to be rescued because he couldn't stay above water because his muscle just weighted him down so much. Imagine if Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson tried to swim, I'd guess he's sink like a rock too. Corny I know.